Eligibility Criterion for admission UG/80 of 2010, dated 27th April, 2010)
- “A candidate for being eligible for admission to the BMS Degree Course shall have passed HSC Examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination or Diploma course in any Engineering Branches with two years or three years after SSC conducted by the Board of Technical Examination or its equivalent examination by securing minimum 45% for general category (in one attempt) at the respective Examination and 40% marks for the reserved category (in one attempt).”
- No college shall conduct any entrance test in any form and the admissions are purely based on merit duly following the reservation policy as per the norms of Government of Maharashtra.
- While drawing the merit list, weightage has to be given to students from Arts, Commerce and Science Stream at 12th Standard level. The stream wise weightage to be given is as under:
||Diploma in Engineering and Other
- Merit List Generation: The applications are to be accepted and processed by the colleges stream wise separately and the merit list is to be displayed stream wise taking into account the reservation policy prescribed by the Government of Maharashtra.
- The merit list is to be prepared and displayed stream wise.
- In case if no applications are received under the “Diploma in Engineering and Other Category” or if the seats remain vacant in “Diploma in Engineering and other Category” after all the merit lists / forms are exhausted, the vacant seats must be transferred to Commerce Stream.
- In case if no application is received from any stream the vacant seats are to be distributed equally between the remaining two streams only.
- After the first merit list is displayed, if any seat allotted to one stream remains vacant, the same shall be distributed equally between the remaining two streams. In case of vacancy in one stream is of single/odd number of seats, the single seat is to be allotted to the Commerce Stream. In case if no applications are available from the two stream, then all the vacant seats two streams must be transferred to the third stream.