A Student Council is a representative structure through which students in the college can become involved in the affairs of the college, working in partnership with the management, staff and students for the benefit of the college and its students.
A Students’ Council objectives could include:
Lady Representative College
Reservation Representative College
A Class Representative (CR)
A person act as a prime official channel of communication between teacher and rest of the class. It is a leadership role- a special privilege and honor. It prepares students as future leaders.
Who can be a CR?
The major attributes of a CR includes
- Professional, positive and cordial outlook
- Well disciplined, responsible and understanding
- Humble- Good rapport with all students
- Good academic standing
- 90%+ attendance, timely assignments
- Understand and follow course processes and policies well
What are the major responsibilities of a CR?
- Manage irregularities
- Communicate with the class in any form of irregularity
- When teacher is late or absent
- Improve student performance
- Connect with the students (by email/Whats app/ Google classroom)
- Resolve disputes among group members, resolve small issues (e.g. attendance status, course policies, marks).
- Make announcements (by email/Whats app/ Google classroom) to students on tutorials, submissions, and the similar.
- Report/discuss/recommend modification in class-processes
- Support the class
- Maintain noise during class