In accordance with the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court vide SLP No. 24295 of 2006 dated May 16, 2007 and in Civil Appeal Number 887 of 2009 dated May 08, 2009 Sheila Raheja School of Business Management & Research (SRBS) has formed an Anti – Ragging Committee/ Mentoring Cell/ Anti-Ragging Squad as per Regulations 2009 of AICTE for Prevention and Prohibition of Ragging in Technical Institutions. As per the provision of the Act, Ragging within or outside of any educational institution is prohibited.
The Anti-Ragging Committee of our B-School shall take an appropriate decision, with regard to punishment or otherwise depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging. Possible punishment for those found guilty of ragging shall be any one or any combination of the following:-
- Cancellation of Admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- With holding/withdrawing of scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- With holding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Collective Punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure Community pressure on the potential raggers.